Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Enjoying Freedom

Today is the official day for my freedom!!!

Yesterday, my mom left Manila for Xiamen, China to meet my maternal grandparents flying in from USA. They haven't seen each other for more than a year. They must have really missed each other, like how I miss my mom when she's not around.

Tonight is my grandmother's birthday. My mom is holding a party tonight for the birthday celebrant. I suppose it would be really wonderful as my grandmother's old friends were going to be invitedto attend the party. I hereby, wish my grandmother happy birthday! May she enjoy every moment of her life from now on.God bless!

Well, as I had mentioned earlier, I am now officially free. Why? Because my mom had left for China and I am left to my dad's care. My dad is not very strict compared to my mom. Of course, he has his own rules that I have to follow, but he was always busy with work, so I'm kind of free from the consistent bombarding of my mom's what-to-do's to my ears. Ah...how pleasant...

I didn't mean that I do not like my mom's presence, in fact I missed her a lot, but sometimes, its just hard to keep myself from getting irritated with what she say everyday over and over again. Examples of what she says all the time are "Why are you home so late?" "Turn-off the computer and go to sleep." "I want you to sleep at 22:00 tonight." Damn! I can't help it when I have to use the computer for researching and doing my assignments. I have told her several times that I do not have a choice but to finish my assignments before I go to sleep. If I can't sleep early, then be it, I don't want to fail my subjects.

Parents are always like that, don't you think so? They don't want me to sleep late, saying that the health is more important than anything else, but when I get low grades, they would say that I did not study hard enough. What do they expect of me? I mean, I can't have both two, so why not weigh the importance and choose either one of it. Oh well...its really hard to understand what parents think, what they want, and what they don't.

Above anything, at least I am enjoying freedoom now, even if its only for 10 days. Now, I don't have curfew anymore because I sleep in my own room and my dad doesn't know what time I sleep. During MWF, when my classes would start at 7:00, I would usually wake up between 5:00 and 5:30 to chat with my online friend, who is really hard to catch :P Only in the early morning of Manila time would he be online. But anyway, I am getting used to waking up early. It would make me feel really sleepy if I sleep another hour more, during my schedules of 8:00 class.

One disadvantage of my mom not being here is that there would not be anyone to cook delicious food for lunch and dinner for my dad and I. My dad cooks, but rarely. While I never had the talent in cooking. I would either get the food overcooked or burned. Good thing my mom cooked us some microwavable food before she left, so we could heat them up for lunch and dinner.

10 days...10days...
A time with both pros and cons. If I have this, I won't be able to have the other. *Sigh* that is life, I guess. Although its not a very special day today, I just felt like writing a new post. There is nothing interesting I could write about, but only diaries of my daily life. We're having our midterms next week, by the way, I hope I would get high grades :D Wish me luck!Thanks! :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

我从小到现在好像妈妈没有这么管过我,呵呵.特别是上大学以后,在寒假暑假,我几乎天天可以通宵,不过在学校里面11点都要熄灯,这个是我最讨厌的,不过有时候想想还好,可以早点睡,女生应该早点睡,对皮肤好点,不然要成老女人了