Monday, October 16, 2006

What gives us the most happiness?

"The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved." -Victor Hugo

When I came across this quote while I was browsing websites, it made me thought of something very important. Don't people always say that one should tell his/her feelings for another person while they have the chance, for we don't know what might happen in the next moment of our life? I think it is very true, but sometimes, there are just feelings, mixed with complications and barriers that made them so hard to say.

Many people die with regrets. Some were not able to tell the people they loved that about how much they'd loved them. There is no harm done when one could be courageous enough to shout his/her feelings out loud. We should never ask for any return from what we say. Some people were not able to confess because they fear that that person would reject him/her or that it would be very embarrassing. Well, in that case, it would be the pride problem. Even sometimes, we'll have tob end our pride a bit only to realize that the world would be a completely different one if we could express our feelings and thoughts freely.

I could tell you that there's nothing to be embarrassed of. If there's something you have to say, then say it, so you will not die in regret. Again, emphasizing the quote by Victor Hugo, the feeling of knowing you are being loved is very wonderful. It gives you motivation and will to live and be with those people whom you love and loves you. Dreaming is inevitable, yet even dreams can be achieved, provided that you believe in yourself and know that your loved ones would always be there for you, supporting and encouraging you.

Right now, I feel happy and contented. I have loving parents, family, relatives, and friends. What more could I expect? I don't know, maybe a successful career and a wonderful family in the future. These are part of my dreams and I am positive that I could attain them someday in the near future. I fantasize a lot and often find myself caught in the midst of these unfathomable dreams. But knowing that there'd be someone to catch me if I all, I am not afraid to fulfill my dreams anymore. That is the kind of love and trust I feel from the people surrounding me. Vice versa, I'd also be there to help them when they need me. There is always a return for everything you take from others.

Thank you Lord for all the things I have now. I am sure I will make the best out of it. For those people who have not told their loved ones their feelings, you better do so quickly. We never know what's gonna happen next. Besides, isn't it great to let the people you love know that they are being loved and cherished?That way, all of you would be happy. Stop being shy or suspicious and start acting :P God bless! ;)

No comments: