Monday, October 02, 2006

Choices and Purpose in Life

Life is hard, as we all know. Life is full of choices, with each choice leading to a different path of life. I have to be careful always in making decisions, for a tiny mistake I make might lead me to a life beyond my expectations. While if I make right choices, I might in the end, get what I truly desire. But the question is, how do I know which choices are right and which are wrong? The answer lies within my heart, for only I would be able to hear the voices deep inside me and know what I want. I have my own dreams. What values for me might just be a trifling matter for another. On the other hand, what values for others might just be something I would never have thought of in my whole life.

Do I have a choice of when and where I want to be born?No, for everything that happens on and around me follows a path, like a train following the rail. True as it is that I can change that path chosen for me and start with a whole new road, a whole new life. But, do I have the courage? I don't know. I am afraid of what might come to me when I start down a road that had never been familiar to me. I might as well try to overcome that fear and prove to myself that nothing is impossible, but as I said, unknown dangers lie beneath the dark forest that I'm about to walk through. Whether I see a path of light in the end and find my way out or not all depends on my own doings. I could either chicken-out and run back the path and take the road intended for me, or gather my nerves and strive till I success.

Alas!Life is so complicated. I feel that I'm lost, lost in the woods, never knowing when I will find my way out. I might need the help of the wise, who could direct me towards the right way. If not, I might have to once again, make a decision, whether to go forward or go back. I want to explore more of the world, yet life is full of uncertainty. I could never know what will happen in the next second. But taking risks is an essential part of the human life. Only through taking risks could I come to a step closer to my goals. I hope to find my main purpose in life and head my way to accomplishing it someday because I believe that God has his own purposes for every life He brings into this world.

5 comments:

ravenik45 said...

Nic philosophical post! Think carefully before you decide. If you decide tyhe wrong thing, just be optimistic and correct your mistakes. I'm also having problems like that right now...

Anonymous said...

哈哈.我过来给你留中文的,这样比较特殊,对吧.呵呵生活就是这个样子,我们也会在选择中学会聪明,有时候我们所期望的智者不一定会来,在那个时候我们要学会坚强,并且靠自己勇敢得走下下去,对吧!
加油

winterdawn said...

Thanks Trudy for your comment :D

J.T.S said...

Interesting post, I guess most young ppl who live in modern societies today face these kind of issues... I mean, you only (probably) get one chance here in life, so u better not waste it:P

"You only live twice";)

dk said...

hey bes! I love this one! Got any problems lately? You've become quite reflective hehe! Keep it up girl...some of us don't have the luxury to think things through.