Sunday, October 22, 2006

Winner in Heart

Well well...today was our official closing ceremony of the ROTC week. We had sports fest today as our last battle with the other units in military training. The sports included are the basketball, volleyball, soccer, chess, and the game of the generals.

We have members assigned to each sport, but the soccer came unexpectedly. The officer-in-charge informed us that there will be a female team OMG! I was forced to join... :S I haven't played for years and how am I gonna play well without any practice? Oh well...there's nothing we could do but to play even if we knew nothing about it. The problem is, the opponent consists of well-experienced members, including a varsity player. Oh boy, I see the big letter "L" ahead, waving at me. I played forward in the first game and goal keeper in the second game. Our score in the first game was 0-10 (we lose) haha and the second game was 4-5 (we lose again), but this time its not so bad a loss. Thanks for my good blocking and kicking skills >:) Kidding! haha

Besides soccer, we lose in all other sports!!! OMG! I can't believe that! Our unit was supposed to be the best, but we lose!!! Except in the Game of the Generals, we won. Our officer was very disappointed, but he said that at least we did our best. We will get our revenge next week, in the silent/fancy drills competition. God bless!!wohoo!

Although we lose, we're happy. I enjoyed the game, so are all the other members of the battalion. It was a hell of fun!!! Therefore, I say, we're winners in heart, even if we lose all the games.

2 comments:

ravenik45 said...

0-10... Hehe... well it's inevitable... Anyway, I wanted to learn the game of soccer...

dk said...

that's good! victory doesn't always equate to recognition!