Sunday, October 15, 2006

Late Night Post

*Yawn*
I'm bored from studying Economics for tomorrow's midterm exam. I don't know why, but the "powers" I used to have in this subject back in high school seemed to decline. Well, Economics is the only subject where I get A's in high school and I am damn proud of it. But I don't know why, I'm having quite a hard time keeping up with my grades in Economics in university now. Is it the professors' problem? Or was it mine? I think my high school Economics teacher is far better than this university professor I have now. I can't believe it when I get the results for the tests we had -- barely passing grades! Oh my God! That's something that has never happened in my records in high school economics. Curse the prof!!!! >:(

Whenever there's anyone in class who questioned the professor, his answer would always be "maybe"or "could be." What's that suppose to mean? A professor should always be sure with his answers. Seriously, I doubt that this prof would qualify to being our mentor for basic economics. I think we deserve a better teacher, for basics are always important. The other class handled by the same prof has even more students failing than in our class. Anyone I ask who is a student of this prof had the same answer-- "That prof doesn't know how to teach. I learned nothing from him." See? I'll really have to EVALUATE him carefully when we're given survey forms from the university asking us to evaluate our professors.

Tomorrow is my judgement day. If I still don't get an A in the test tomorrow, I'm gonna have a hard time in getting at least a 3.0 general average. *yawn again* I'm done with reviewing now, just hope that everything I studied would cover the test, or else, I'm doomed :( Ah well, never thought economics would be this "hard." I'd rather have math, if we continue to have professors like the economics professor. For two terms, we've had irresponsible teachers. "Ursula"( computer teacher) was certainly one of them, who was fired from the university because of her lack of respect to the parents and students.

I'm sleepy...but I don't wanna sleep yet. I'm afraid that there'd be something in economics that I missed. As always, I'm having another dilema. Well, I guess I'll have to see which would prevail, sleepiness or responsibility.

Apart from studying for the test, today was quite a nice day. My dad and I went to Robinson's Place to buy my headset, some hardware, and have lunch. After searching all around the mall, I finally lose hope in finding the headset I wanted-- the logitech premium notebook headset. In the end, I chose another model of headset. I had no choice because I am desperate in getting a mic. My laptop has a built-in mic in it, but its hard to talk with it. After that, we went home. I immediately plugged the headset in my laptop and started finding someone to test my mic. Fortunately, Nikko was there. I "called" him through msn and we started talking. It was awkward at first, but then I got used to it. Nikko suggested that I summon Jocke so we could all talk together, but Jocke just wouldn't talk in the mic. He said that its strange to talk to himself :( I was disappointed and had gotten quite unreasonable, although I apologized afterward.

Anyway, after Nikko and Jocke "left" coz they have things to do, I told Trudy that I got a mic. She was delighted and told me that she would "call" me after she's done bathing. Then, after a while, she called me. I was nervous...lol I dunno why, but I just feel strange. It was awkward at first, we didn't know what to say. I was controlling myself so hard not to laugh HAHA But later, we started talking. I must say that Trudy speaks very fluent Chinese ( the standard northern accent) and quite good English too. She's a bit shy with her English, but it was alright. (Good job, Trudy!) ;)

Well, thats all for today. I'm getting sleepy. I think sleepiness has prevailed after having an enormous battle with responsibility LOL *Yawn* *Yawn* My eyelids are drooping...I better go sleep. Hej då (goodbye in swedish) :P

No comments: