Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Into the world of magic...

October 31,2006 12:10

My friends and I were in a taxi cab steadily on our way to Glorietta 4 cinema to watch the new move titled "The Prestige." We've planned this trip a week ahead, so when we received the news that we're to have only half day of class today, we were all so excited to watch this movie. This movie is about two magicians, one working hard to show everyone how well he could do magic tricks and the other fighting hard for fame and the pleasure of receiving applause from the audience after every performance.

October 31, 2006 14:15

After having our lunch, we headed our way to the cinema to watch the movie. Trailers...commercials...then finally, the movie! Wow! The movie starts with suspense, giving all of us some confusions. There was never a moment that I took my eyes off the big movie screen. I was so enticed with the movie that I could hardly talk with my seatmeat if she asks me something. I tell you, if you intend to go in the cinema to relax and maybe get a while of sleep, this movie is definitely the last I would recommend you. Put down your concentration for just a second and you won't be able to catch up for the next hour. This movie, like some detectives/action movies, is full of mysteries. You really have to think while you watch to be able to understand what the movie is trying to tell you. You never know what happens next, everything comes so unexpected.

Some magic tricks were revealed and now I know just how easy they were. I also realized how hard it is to be able to excel in a specific field of profession, especially as a magician. You have to pretend that you're a wizard and make things that are impossible come true. Through this movie, I also learned that life is not always complicated. There are always easy ways to solve problems, it depends only on your way of thinking. Sometimes simpler minds tend to be able to sort complicated problems out through a solution that you would think that's obvious or stupid. But the question is, why haven't you thought of it in the first place if it was obvious?

October 31 , 18:10

Finally, after enjoying some arcade games after the movie, my two friends and I headed on our way home. Okay, here goes the problem, this is the first time we're going to ride MRT (another train line) , we haven't had the slightest idea as where to buy tickets and where to ride the train. Fortunately, a classmate of our's directed us to the ticket booth and we're also able to find the entrance to the waiting platform after a few moments of thinking and deciding. Oh well..it was fun. I've never travelled by the MRT before, the scenes flashing past the windows are new and nice to me as I've never really seen the night time Manila while riding the MRT/LRT. After three stops, we transferred to the LRT and that's when I felt secure. Even if its already nighttime, at least I knew all the stops and stations of the LRT, so I'm not nervous anymore.

My mom fetched my friend and I at the station by car. After we drove my friend home, I arrived home at approximately 19:00. Whew! That was quite an adventure...a long journey :P Now, I could go to Glorietta next time just by commuting YEY!!!

I love this day!!! This is the first block outing we had that I joined. It was fun, with almost all of our class present and watching the same movie, sharing opinions, at the same time. Many of my classmates didn't understand what the movie was trying to tell us, but gladly, I did. I would say that I haven't watched a movie so good as "The Prestige" for so long and I'm really glad that I convinced myself to join this block outing this time. I am hoping that there will be more to come :D

No classes tomorrow!!! YES! (Coz its holloween's day :S) Well...we don't really celebrate holloween here, but visiting the passed-aways is nevertheless inevitable. Good thing I didn't have any dead blood keen here in Manila. I hate the cemetery. I do not like the feeling everytime I go there :) HAPPY HOLLOWEEN"S DAY!!! :D 'Trick or treats!!!!'

2 comments:

steph said...

told you commuting is fun, all you have to do is make sure you have money and be aware.

how about going to moa next time COMMUTING?

J.T.S said...

hehe I thought the movie was about two "real" magicians who threw spell and stuff at each other:P like a magic duel...seems not.