Sunday, September 17, 2006

Who loves photography?

Who loves photography?
ME! (and all the photography lovers out there, of course) :D

When did I start practicing photography?
Hmm well...I can't really say when, but I was being taught how to take pictures by my mom and dad since I was eight or nine. They taught me basics and eventually, I developed a huge interest in photography and started reading,learning, and practicing by myself.

The first ever camera I had was a Fisher Price camera for kids. It was great, looks cool too. The problem is, it's got a kind of film that is really hard to find in stores. I took the camera anywhere I go and would snap anything that attracts my eyes. Before, taking pictures for me was merely for fun, but now I think my interest in photohraphy has exceeded my goal of merely having fun with picturetaking. As I grew older, I started understanding the true meaning of photography for me. Capturing special moments with a camera makes me feel good; it makes me think that I have once again captured scenes that will not anymore be seen in the future. It's kinda hard to explain... I know I have something for photography, and I know I can do well with it in the future. I'm not flattering myself, but I've got a good sense of proportion and composition when it comes to framing(what you do before you take a picture) and picturetaking. I could also pretty well find the suitable scene or view that will be best for the picture.

There are a lot of fields in photography. It can be digital photography,landscape photography, architectural photography, skyscape photography, waterscape photography, etc. Specifically, I concentrate more on landscape photography and in anything involving the nature, such as the waterscape and skyscape photography. I love nature.

Although I know that photography is definitely not my field of career, I would still want to make the best out of it even if its just for leisure. That was it would make my life a more colorful and wonderful one, like the beauty of the pictures I had taken.

Surely, people who does not like photography will not be able to understand what I'm talking about. They wouldn't even read it in the first place. But maybe they would understand the meaning of art, which is closely related to photography. I do hope the photo enthusiasts out there would also share their insights about their love for photography ;)

3 comments:

ravenik45 said...

I love to take pictures too you know... that's why I'm not always in the pictures, coz im the one photographing myself... it's a way of reminiscing the past....

J.T.S said...

That´s what so amazing about photography in my simple opinion, that you can actually capture exact moments and look back on them later in life while scratching your gray hair.
The perfect shot at the perfect moment, that´s what it´s all about! :P

Anonymous said...

Wahaha! Everyone at school is afraid of my photography...