Thursday, September 28, 2006

'Xangsane'

Today, all classes were suspended, including mine due to the arrival of tropical storm, 'Xangsane'. At first, I was glad that classes were suspended, and that I could stay at home and rest. Then came problems... :(

Last night I was really tired, so I went to sleep at 22:30, which is a new record for my recent bedtimes that are at least 12:00 or onwards. It felt so good to sleep early, and wake up the next day not too late. But then, my sleep was interrupted by the sound of whistling and wooshing sound of the wind outside the windows, then I realized that the typhoon has came. Reluctantly, I went back to sleep, but was again awakened by my mom's loud-speakered voice talking to my grandpa on the phone. No choice, I had to get up, fix myself breakfast, and start the day.

The sound of the wind was really disturbing, and its somewhat creepy, like the sounds of ghosts you see in horror movies, only it was in broad daylight, so I guess its not that scary. I turned on my laptop and started my daily routine of checking mail, checking friend invites and stuff while having my breakfast. Everything was going okay, until I heard my mom shouting to me the rooms are flooded. I went in to check. Oh my God! Water were pooling below the windows and all over the room. Damn! My school bag and notebooks are all wet, even the bedsheets are too :S I can't imagine we would have these problems, especially when we're living 22 stories above the ground. It did took us a couple of hours to get everything cleaned up.

Following the flood was the black-out. Why does this day have to be so bad??? It was 11:00 in the morning, in another while, it would be lunch time. Guess what? We hadn't cooked anything yet, so we're not having anything to eat for lunch. The electricity didn't came, not until 18:00, so the first time ever, my mom and I had to ate cookies for lunch, since food delivery were not available...LOL I like the feeling though, its as if I was only having snack and not lunch. The good thing was that I managed to finish a novel and get to relax a bit. I guess all things have their pros and cons.

P.S. My life has always been a chaos, with things constantly turning upside down and taking place beyond my expectations. I have never wanted to live a life with so much hardships, but is that my decision to make?No, for all of us undergo hardships, in order to obtain success. Failure is always a key to success.

2 comments:

dk said...

At least you got your supply of electricity back at 6pm. Guess when we got ours?

1am!

In addition to that stroke of bad luck, we also have some "indoor flood" problems.

Talk about having a bad day.

Well, atleast all of that's over! And classes are also suspended today!

This kinda makes up for all the horrible things that happened, don't ya think? :P

ravenik45 said...

We had our power back at... 10PM Friday! Boooo